NOTE

"Every artwork which has been made by me is strictly copyrighted."

Thanks =)

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Girl Pow[d]er!!!!!

Being a girl is tough!!!! No, I'm not going to be a trans-gender now. But....all I'm saying is that being a girl is tough and yet not many people actually appreciates the existence of us, women. Let me tell you, after walking around half a day in 4inch heels, I feel so much relieve slipping into my flats once again. This is not the longest I've been on heels, no doubt. I used to run with heels! I'm just not used to it anymore since college life started. But I'm not talking about heels right now. Have you ever felt upset when people (guys) say that you're a girl, so you can't do this? Have you ever felt the sinister behind the fact that someone (guy) is telling you that you are weak because you are a girl indirectly? I'm sure every girl felt that way. I guess that's the reason why when I was younger I always preferred being a boy. But as I grew older, I just appreciated being a girl more. There are lots of things girls can do that guys CAN'T. And yes, I DO believe the saying that what guys can do, girls CAN do it too. I just don't believe in this bullshit that girls can't be the leader or something big, or girls can lift heavy stuff, or girls driving sucks, or girls this and that. Why must it always be the guys who get all the good name? It's as if like being a girl, is like being cursed. This is NOT true at all. I also learn that sometimes it's not always the guys fault for thinking that way. Sometimes, us gals don't even believe in ourselves that we just give in to the statement that guys are much superior. I just feel that as a woman, we should appreciate our existence more. It's not about being a dumb blond and putting on make up and looking pretty like statues, it's about how we carry ourselves. Confidence. Today I see many girls out there are defeating guys when it comes to any field. Girls today are also doing much better academically compared to the times when only boys were allowed to receive education. So we have came a long way, and might aswell we all prove that girls can not just do what boys do, but we can do it better. I'm not saying this because I'm a girly girl... =) I mean, I can be girlish but truth is I'm very boy-ish too. I guess not many people know this about me because I haven't been doing any boyish related stuff for a very long time. Not because I don't like it anymore or grown out of it but just coz I don't really have time for alot of things anymore. But I used to play football, basketball and what not with boys. I was like the only girl there. When it comes to football season, I will be glued to the boys to watch these matches. I remembered way back in form 1, the boys in my class would always call me to sit with them to debate about who is the best player and all. I used to play alot of video games that were boyish...I don't play girly stuff, dude...lol...It's always about killing people and street fighter crap...I <3 that, only in games yeah. Infact, there was even a time when I dressed pretty tomboyish. Long time ago. I never wore skirt till form 3/4. Towards the end of form 3. I used to when i was younger but then I stopped till that age. My parents always quote back my words that I will never wear heels or skirt lol...whenever I wear skirt and heels they would always tease me about that. As far as makeup goes, I don't even know that concealer existed till I was 16...yikes! Hahahaha! So yeah, I'm not that girlish to begin with. But as I grew older, these things just came to me naturally because it was slowly becoming a necessity. I will still watch football and play boyish games and stuff. That will never change. =) But all I'm saying is that, we should be proud to be born as girls because there's just too much good stuff about it! <3

1 comment:

mIc[H]eLe said...

lol? me also like boyish thingys xD
yeah yeah i play all violence games. xD
so on. hehehehehe