NOTE

"Every artwork which has been made by me is strictly copyrighted."

Thanks =)

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Growing Pains

So I've just graduated probably about 2 weeks ago and let me tell you, life is HARD! I've always been waiting for this moment to graduate from college and get a job and start my life but really starting the ignition to your life is just not about the easiest thing ever. Throughout these two weeks, I've came to understand the pressures of being broke, getting a job, think about your financial, thinking about getting a car, signing document, moving out, continuing for degree but money-less... tentatively speaking, I've just been facing a whole lot of shit for these past 2 weeks. The most stressful part is getting a job. I've literally almost had a break down moment when I realized no one is replying to my emails. I've sent out my resume and portfolio to every single agency i can think of in Penang. Advertising, productions, architecture firms, real estate and what not. (OMG) I've been to an interview last week but I don't think it went so well. So i'm hoping my future interview on Monday would work out. I need a job by April. I can't wait any longer because I have alot of expenses to settle and ofcourse I don't get allowance anymore. Life is indeed hard right now. I mean to know that you are desperate and every waking moment you spend your life checking mails and dealing with the frustration of what if.... what if there's no job for me then what? Should i work at Starbucks then? So what's the point of my diploma? It's crazy. This whole time, I was set on one thing... COLLEGE... omg.. seriously why didn't I leave when I had the chance? I should have run for my life. It's frustrating. I mean, I'm supposed to be studying Digital Art but really now when it's all over, I dont know anything about digital arts. What i've learned in college was leaning towards graphic design but we didnt learn graphic design aswell. So in the end, who is going to hire me? I'm learning everything like 50% and I dont have a legit proper qualification on what I could do. Every application I sent out i noticed the employees are demanding for something that I have no knowledge of. Everything that I know now is what I've learned and picked up by myself. I feel so helpless. I don't think I'm a sucky designer but it's just my qualifications are limited to the point where I don't even know where. I'm so disappointed in this college and i can't believe i've spent 28k on something that thought me nothing..literally. And you know what they say, if life throws you lemons, you make lemonade...well here's the deal, life didnt throw me lemons, they threw me acid..in this case life refers to the college. I really hope my interview goes well and i could get a job by April and then everything would be alright provided if my pay is alright too. I just my life to be drama-free and just smooth going. I initially did not want to rant about my college and stuff but i just needed to get this out of my system before i have another meltdown in my brain. Growing up is hard, no one said it was easy. I've been trained to live like an adult all this while with minimal supervision from parents but this time I just feel like i'm 21 and i'm graduated and i'll be screwed if I dont settle for a job by April.


So wish me luck! 

No comments: